The diverse world in which we live is a composite of many cultures, values and ways of interacting with one another. The dimensions of diversity include gender, religious beliefs, race, martial status, ethnicity, parental status, age, education, physical and mental ability, income, sexual orientation, occupation, language, geographic location, and many more components. Understanding the dimensions of diversity and world cultures in Extension audiences will help ensure the development of instructional competencies that will connect with groups and individuals interacted with.
These resources will help Extension professionals explore the dimensions of diversity and cultural competencies needed to be successful in today’s world.
- An Overview of Diversity Awareness
- Intercultural Competence
- Understanding How You View the World
- Etiquette and Manners in Other Cultures
Generations in the Workplace
Understanding Other Cultures
About This Tool Kit
- Stages of Intercultural Sensitivity
- How to Use Comparisons of Cultural Patterns
- Communication Patterns and Assumptions
- Summary of Normative Communication Styles and Values
- Ten Myths That Prevent Collaboration Across Cultures