News and Upcoming Events
- We are pleased to announce a new class location in Bountiful.
- There will be a Family Connections Center opening soon in Bountiful where we will begin teaching classes October 16th.
- The Farmer's Market is in full swing! Come pick up a free recipe book or check our delicious recipes for using fresh produce below.
- Check out our current classes - Calendar
- To find the location of each class, click on the class topic on the calendar date.
Recipes from the Farmer's Market
Come to the Utah Botanical Center Farmer’s Market
(870 South 500 West, Kaysville) Thursdays from 5-8pm.
Support local farmers and vendors... Make sure to stop by our booth for a tasty sample of fresh produce.
Stop by to pick up a free 2013 Live Well Utah Farmer's Market Recipes booklet (online version - or print off the recipes below) and check out the other vendors and take advantage of the Master Gardener’s present who answer questions on gardening.
August 1 – Tomato and Feta Spaghetti Squash - Recipe
August 8 – Fresh Corn and Radish Salad - Recipe
August 15 – Cherry Tomato Orzo Salad - Recipe
August 22 – Cilantro Yogurt Dip - Recipe in online version of recipe book
August 29 – Summer Cucumber Salad - Recipe
September 5 – Salsa Showdown
September 12 – Roasted Garlic Hummus - Recipe
September 19 – Peach Fruit Crumble - Recipe
September 26 – Chili Cookoff
October 3 – Carrot Soup – Recipe in online version
Additional Websites and Resources:
- Department of Workforce Services Locations
- The latest government nutritional guidelines - ChooseMyPlate
Questions? Contact our Nutrition Education Assistants -