Cache County 4-H Youth Programs
...for my club, my community and my world!
- 4-H Registration process for new members and to re-enroll for the new year
- Online event registration through 4-Honline.com
- Medical, Photo Release, Code of Conduct event form
- Cache County 4-H Program/Activity Financial Assistance Policy
Fidelity Money Mentor Camp II
Looking for a fun way to help your children learn to manage his/her money? Youth who just completed 5-8 grades are invited to the Cache County Money Mentor Camp. The camp will be help August 11-12, 2014 from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm each day at Birch Creek Elementary School, 675 West 220 South, Smithfield, UT. The camp will be led by teen 4-H youth who recently attended a comprehensive training at the Fidelity Financial Offices in Salt Lake City. 4-Hers will play games and complete activities will teach them positive habits with planning, saving, spending, giving, investing and borrowing money! These interactive scenarios have real-life applications.
4-H Members can register by going to 4Honline.com and register there. Youth who are not already 4-H members can contact the 4-H office at 435-752-6263 for assistance.
All participants must bring a Volunteer Consent form, signed by the participant and parents. Please register by August 9.
Cache County 4-H Ambassadors
Qualifications for Cache County Ambassadors:
· Currently enrolled in 4th – 12th grades
· Enrolled in 4-H for at least one years
· Active in local club
· Enthusiastic about 4-H
· Have time to fulfill County Ambassador role
· Willing to attend Ambassador Orientation and planning meetings
· Willing to serve in Ambassador roles when asked
Duties of County Ambassadors
· Attend Ambassador Orientation and planning sessions
· Recruit new members and help organize new clubs
· Represent 4-H in a public relations role
· Promote 4-H with potential members, parents and general public
· Help conduct 4-H events
· Organize 4-H promotion activities
· Develop personal leadership skills and self-confidence
· Encourage financial support for 4-H
Upcoming 4-H Youth Programs and Events
4-H Youth Programs Registration is due
The 4-H year runs from October 1 to September 30 each year. It is time to renew your 4-H registration for the new year. Registration can be done in person at the 4-H desk in the Extension Office, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please stop by and register your club so that you are sure to receive information mailed out regarding all of the upcoming activities.
4-H State Portfolio Deadline
A portfolio is an organized collection of a person's progress, achievements, contributions, and efforts that demonstrate accomplishments over time. Portfolios can be used when applying for scholarships. They also must be turned in when applying to attend National 4-H Congress in Atlanta, Georgia. Portfolios are due February 15 by 5:00 pm. Portfolios may be turned in to the Extension or State 4-H office on USU’s campus.
4-H Mock Legislature (State Event)
Keep your eye out for Mock Legislature 2014. Mock Legislature is held under the direction of the State 4-H Ambassadors and their advisor, Craig Dart. It is held at the Utah State Capitol building in the House Chambers. Guest speakers and a tour of the capitol are included as well as a debate over the 15 bills that the youth present. You won’t want to miss this!
"Cooking with the Stars" 4-H Cooking Camp
go to http://ut.4Honline.com to register and for an information packet.
Teen Sewing Camp "Be a Fashionista"
Teen girls age 13-18 are invited to have a great time with their friends while becoming a true Fashionista! Campers will learn a variety of new techniques as they make two different types of scarves and two maxi skirts. Camp will be March 28-29, 2014 and will be held at the Holiday Inn Express. Camp will cost $30 plus each camper will need to purchase her own fabric and supplies. More information and registration is available at ut.4honline.com
Horse Trail Clinic March 29, 2014 register online at http://ut.4honline.com
Session 2 Sewing Camp Flyer July 8-9, 2014. We had so much fun at the first session of sewing camp we are offering it again in July. There will only be 12 spots available so don't delay.
First Step Horse Camp June 16, 2014 register online at http://ut.4honline.com
English Horse Camp July 16-18, 2014 register on line or download the registration form and return to the 4-H office
County Fair 4-H Building Fair Exhibit Entry Information
4-H Building Exhibits should be entered on-line prior to bringing your items to the fair. Follow the instructions found in the Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry INSTRUCTIONS link below. This will give you step by step instructions on how to enter all of the exhibits. Remember that all 4-H exhibit items (except for garden produce) must be entered between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm, Monday, August 4, 2014.
- Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry INSTRUCTIONS
- Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry Record Form
- Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry Record Form > fillable form version
Activities for Kids and Teens
Aggie Adventures great summer fun for all kids.
Aggie Adventure teen counselors application are needed to help with the Aggie Adventure Camps. If you are 14-17 years of age and want to earn a life skill incentive while having fun, return the application to the 4-H office.
- 4-H Day Camp changed to Family Fun Night July 11, 2014 from 3:30-9:30 at Willow Park and Aquatic Center!
- Sewing Camp for all skill levels. Learn to make fun all the things you
- I 4-H Camp (State Event) for youth in the 7th or 8th grade in the current 4-H year.
- County Contests
- State Contests
- Junior Youth Conference (JYC) (State Event) for youth in 5th or 6th grade in the current 4-H year.
- Cache County Fair