Welcome to the Beaver County Agricultural Home Page
Mark Nelson has been Beaver County's Agriculture Agent since 1991. Mark’s overall Extension goal is to help farmers and ranchers improve their profitability through sustainable practices. He builds programs to provide educational opportunities for youth and adults while promoting Utah State University throughout the Beaver County. A few of his programs include:
- Soil, crop and water testing. (Forms needed for these services are linked for your convenience, or are available at the Extension Office.)
- Pest management of weevil, grasshoppers, mormon crickets, gophers and ground squirrels.
- Water quality and quantity.
Other programs include:
- Woody Biomass Field days; a program focused on utilization of pinyon and juniper pine for fuel.
- Sweep Net Sampling; a program to aid alfalfa producers in monitoring weevil and other bug infestations.
- Range Trials spanning 12 years to identify which range grasses do best in our area.
- Watershed Day; a youth program committed to improving the Beaver River Watershed.
- Ag in the Classroom; a county wide program introducing many aspects of agriculture.
Mark Nelson welcomes any opportunity to assist the residents of Beaver County. Feel free to call the Extension Office with any questions. 435-438-6450.