Beaver County Home, Family and Food
Beaver County's Home, Family, and Food goals are to enhance the quality of life among families and communities by addressing the issues of nutrition, parenting and child development, management of personal finances and economic development. Our motto is “raising kids, eating right, spending smart and living well.”
The Family and Consumer Science Agent’s focus is to teach the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Ensuring security for the family’s financial needs.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Using available resources to promote economic development.