Extension Awards honor USU Extension professionals. Annual awards include the E.G. Peterson Extension Award, the Spirit of Extension Award, the Extension Innovator Award, the County Faculty of the Year Award, and the Faculty Service Award. Winners are recognized and receive a monetary award. To be considered for any of the Extension Awards, a single nomination packet must be submitted through this website no later than Friday, December 11, 2015.
Nominees must be current USU Extension employees and will be considered for any/all awards for which they are eligible. Different awards have different eligibility requirements (e.g., years of service, faculty or staff, etc.). The selection committee will use the information in the nomination packet to determine eligibility for each award. Eligible nominations not selected will be kept on file and considered the following year. Self-nominations are encouraged.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
To help identify the most deserving Extension professional for each award, the following criteria should be documented in the nomination packet:
- Evidence of excellence in the nominee’s area of professional expertise and/or service activities.
- Evidence of leadership.
- Evidence of innovation and impact in performance of Extension duties.
- Evidence of commitment to cliental, Extension, and/or the University.
The following supportive documentation must accompany the nomination packet using a 12-point font:
- Candidate Information Page. To download template, click here.
- A statement or letter of nomination summarizing activities of excellence, leadership, innovation, and commitment to Extension, USU, and/or Utah over at least the last three years (2 pages maximum).
- A short biography (2 paragraph maximum).
- A short CV (5 pages maximum). Indicate or summarize honors, professional society or University leadership, publications, presentations, and other evidence of productivity, service, and impact.
- One or two letters of support from cliental, Extension peers, or administrators (2 pages maximum each).
- A professional portrait at least 600 x 600 pixels.