The staff at the Ogden Botanical Gardens welcomes Master Gardener help any time. Contact them by calling 801-399-8080 T, or Th, 12:30-3:30 p.m. to find out what they need done.
The office at the Ogden Botanical Gardens is open the middle of March through October, and closed November 1 through the middle of March. (The Gardens are open year round.) Once the growing season begins some volunteer opportunities that are listed below are available.
- First Tuesday of each month is a Master Gardener Day at the Ogden Botanical Gardens 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (lunch is provided).
- In March Master Gardeners answer horticulture questions at the Standard-Examiner's Home & Garden Show.
- In August Master Gardeners volunteer at the Crops Division of the Weber County Fair by helping with check-in and pick-up, and answering horticulture questions for visitors. They also assist with check-in and pick-up for the Floral and Photography Divisions.
- In May and September the Ogden Botanical Gardens holds community Plant Sales. These give Master Gardeners an opportunity to help prepare for the sale and assist customers the day of the sale.
- In June each year, the Ogden Botanical Gardens celebrates their anniversary with an "Art in the Gardens Gala". Master Gardeners are invited to help prepare the gardens, conduct guided tours for visitors, and participate in the event. This is always an enjoyable day.
For further information about volunteer opportunities, contact the Weber County USU Extension Office, 801-399-8201.