Family and consumer sciences address the issues of family communication, parenting and child development, the balance of work and family, nutrition, and management of personal finances.
The FCS Agent’s focus is to teach the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Ensuring security for the family’s financial needs.
- Promoting and sustaining the 4-H youth organization.
See the Tooele county Extension calendar for scheduled events. For more information email or call Darlene Christensen, Family and Consumer Science Agent at: 435-277-2406.