Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?
- What can I store water in?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .