Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can I store water in?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.