Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?