Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?