Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?