Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?