Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)