Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?