Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?