Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?