Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?