Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
Rate This FAQ
No, the food should be thrown away. Eating food left out overnight is a real gamble. Some microorganisms survive reheating and other organisms produce a toxin that is not destroyed by reheating. Bacteria grows rapidly between 40 and 140 degrees F. A good rule of thumb is never leave food at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?