Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
Weevils are small beetles. Moths have a caterpillar stage, but are not weevils. Weevils are common grain infesting pests. Store grain in plastic buckets with dry ice or oxygen absorbers to kill live weevils or moths. If there are eggs, they won't be killed during that treatment. They can be killed by retreating the grain with dry ice of oxygen absorbers at a alater date. This publication http://extension.usu.edu/files/foodpubs/fn371.pdf can help give more details.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- How much food should I store?
- I grew up eating green beans which were pressure-canned at home. When my mother heated them for a meal, she brought them to a boil then removed the lid and let them boil for at least a minute with the lid off. She said this was necessary to be safe. Is it necessary or was that just something passed down from before pressure canning was available?
- Where should I put my food storage?