Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons