Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How safe are herbal medicines?