Ask a Question
1 to 20 of 20 « ‹ › »
TOPIC: Food and Nutrition
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .