Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How much food should I store?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?