Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?