Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?