Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?