Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?