Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?