Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?