Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?