Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?