Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?