Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
Rate This FAQ
No, the food should be thrown away. Eating food left out overnight is a real gamble. Some microorganisms survive reheating and other organisms produce a toxin that is not destroyed by reheating. Bacteria grows rapidly between 40 and 140 degrees F. A good rule of thumb is never leave food at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.