Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
Weevils are small beetles. Moths have a caterpillar stage, but are not weevils. Weevils are common grain infesting pests. Store grain in plastic buckets with dry ice or oxygen absorbers to kill live weevils or moths. If there are eggs, they won't be killed during that treatment. They can be killed by retreating the grain with dry ice of oxygen absorbers at a alater date. This publication http://extension.usu.edu/files/foodpubs/fn371.pdf can help give more details.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How much food should I store?
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- What can I store water in?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?