Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?