Ask a Question
1 to 17 of 17 « ‹ › »
TOPIC: Food Storage
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- How much food should I store?
- How much water should I store?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- What can I store water in?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- Where should I put my food storage?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .