Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).
Rate This FAQ
Other Questions In This Topic
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- I have a 25-foot tall scrub oak that appears to be dying. If it is anthracnose that is killing it, can it be saved? There are some commercial, injectable products that claim success. Is it possible?
- I have a very large, beautiful Cottonwood tree on my property, that is near the property line with my neighbor. She wants to put in a new fence, because the tree has been pushing up the posts for her old fence. The fencing company has said that they can put in a new fence, but they will have to "shave off" a bit of the tree trunk and possibly some of the root near the surface of the ground. I am worried that something like that could lead to the tree getting sick or dying. I want to keep peace among neighbors, but it would be a disaster and very expensive to lose the tree because of something likethis. Can you please tell me if a Cottonwood tree is hardy enough to withstand such a "shaving" procedure?
- I have 2 cottonless cottonwoods in my back yard. They are both about 7 years old. I noticed this spring that the trees have really grown tall but on the main limbs in the middle of the trees there are no limbs coming from them. I also find little pieces of new branches all over my lawn like they have come off right at the base where they connect to the tree. There are also at those points little scabs of some kind right where the branch has broken off. What is wrong and can I save these trees? I grew this kind of tree because they are fast growing trees and I wanted to enjoy some shade while I was still around to enjoy it. I am so afraid that there is something seriously wrong and those years will be lost. Can you help me with the info I have given you? I would appreciate it so much if you have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to fix it.
- I have lived in a 50 year old home in Murray for 11 years. I have plants trees, bushes, perrenials, annuals, vegetables (nothing exotic). The trees seem to grow normal but a lot of the plants don't seem to grow much. They flower and look normal but not much growth. I have worked the ground a lot with mulch and commercial fertilizer but do not use manure or fish emulsion because my dog tries to eat it. What can I do to stimulate growth in my gardens?
- We live in Riverton with heavy clay soil. Will gypsum pellets help the soil so water does not run off so much? Can gypsum be applied on top of existing grass? In soil flower beds? In vegetable gardens? Is Utelite better than gypsum? Thank you.
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .