Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My blue spruce shrubs are turning brown and look like they are dying. What is wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Blue spruce can suffer when soil is too wet or too dry, or when irrigation water is salty.
Here's a link to some excellent information about spruce and possible pests or environmental problems: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/GARDEN/PLANTS/spruce.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- Why are my older pine and spruce trees dropping their needles?
- Is it healthy for Kentucky Bluegrass to be kept at a cutting height of 2 inches if a reel mower (as opposed to a mower with rotary blades) is used?
- I have many large 20-25 feet scrub oak trees on my property. I would like to thin and prune them from the tops in order for them to look like the lower scrub oak I have seen in the area, about 10-15 feet. How low can I cut them from their tops without injuring them and what is the best time of year to do so?
- My euonymus has a white powdery film on the leaves, what is it?
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- I have a very large, beautiful Cottonwood tree on my property, that is near the property line with my neighbor. She wants to put in a new fence, because the tree has been pushing up the posts for her old fence. The fencing company has said that they can put in a new fence, but they will have to "shave off" a bit of the tree trunk and possibly some of the root near the surface of the ground. I am worried that something like that could lead to the tree getting sick or dying. I want to keep peace among neighbors, but it would be a disaster and very expensive to lose the tree because of something likethis. Can you please tell me if a Cottonwood tree is hardy enough to withstand such a "shaving" procedure?
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?