Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My blue spruce shrubs are turning brown and look like they are dying. What is wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Blue spruce can suffer when soil is too wet or too dry, or when irrigation water is salty.
Here's a link to some excellent information about spruce and possible pests or environmental problems: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/GARDEN/PLANTS/spruce.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Last May I planted an eight foot Sub-Alpine Fir in my new yard. My soil is very sandy. We deep watered the tree once a week throughout the hot season. The tree never showed any sign of stress until now (March). The ends of the branches are turning brown. I know these trees are sensitive. What can I do to best ensure the tree survives?
- I have a scarlett red maple. It's about 8 years old and last year the leaves didn't get very big. This year, it hasn't even began to bloom yet although, It has tiny buds. I noticed that the bark in some places peels off very easily. Under the bark, it looks like there may be some black flecks (maybe bug feces). I only noticed one little red colored bug under where I peeled the bark. I don't see any other bugs anywhere, even at the base. Do you think it could have a disease or bugs? I am going to put some fertilizer steaks around it and pour some Bayer Advanced tree and shrub insect control around the base of the tree. Is it too late to spary it?
- We have a lot of scrub oak around our home. In some spots we have some ground cover and other area are bare. We would like to add a nice ground cover to mix in with the oak in these bare areas. Do you have suggestions for ground cover? Also, in one particular area, we have a large amount of grass growing in the ground cover surrounding the scrub oak. What is the best way to get rid of this grass? Is there a ground cover that can overtake the grass?
- I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
- We bought a new home with no turf established in the backyard. Do you offer any advice for putting in our own yard?
- How can I make my lawnmower safe?
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?