Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time time to water my lawn? I've heard it's better in the evening because it gives time to soak in and I've heard morning because if you do it at night the lawn will get moldy. Thanks.
Rate This FAQ
Basic Turfgrass Care, at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_517.pdf
Efficient Irrigation of Trees and Shrubs, at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG-523.pdf
Utah Division of Water Resources Weather Data, at http://www.conservewater.utah.gov/et/etsite/default.asp?summary.htm
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My sycamore tree has brown-reddish spots along the leaf veins. What is it?
- I live on 25 acres on the border of Summit and Wasatch Counties at an elevation of 7,000 ft. I need to add some trees to the landscape both evergreen and shade? What are good choices for my high and cold location?
- Is it healthy for Kentucky Bluegrass to be kept at a cutting height of 2 inches if a reel mower (as opposed to a mower with rotary blades) is used?
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- What's killing Spruce and Pine trees in Utah?
- We have a lot of scrub oak around our home. In some spots we have some ground cover and other area are bare. We would like to add a nice ground cover to mix in with the oak in these bare areas. Do you have suggestions for ground cover? Also, in one particular area, we have a large amount of grass growing in the ground cover surrounding the scrub oak. What is the best way to get rid of this grass? Is there a ground cover that can overtake the grass?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- I live in rose park and am selecting trees to add to my backyard. I have full sun and dark rich soil. I want a good shade tree but am not sure what would be best. I have been looking at different types of maple trees but am wary about their growth rates. Are there any trees that you could recommend?