Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What protein content should my stored wheat have?
Rate This FAQ
A protein content of 12 percent and above is most desirable. More information on types of wheat (hard red, hard white, soft red, etc.) can be found in FN-371 Home Storage of Wheat. http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/FN_371.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- I have a question about my pressure canned sliced peaches. I cold-packed sliced peaches covering them with a light syrup. Following instructions I packed them with 1/2 inch headspace and poured the liquid to 1/2 inch headspace. However, the peaches floated up so that they were not covered by the liquid during processing. I did run a wooden spatula down the sides of the jars and seemed to get all air bubbles out of the jar. I processed in the pressure canner according to instructions at 10 PSI for 10 minutes. When I removed the jars the liquid was boiling and there seemed to be a lot of air bubbles around the fruit. The jars were already sealed when I took them out of the canner after waiting 10 minutes after the pressure seal dropped. The liquid is down considerably - looks to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches and the peaches are floating. There are air bubbles and air pockets. The seal is fine. Are these peaches safe?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- How much food should I store?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?