Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What protein content should my stored wheat have?
Rate This FAQ
A protein content of 12 percent and above is most desirable. More information on types of wheat (hard red, hard white, soft red, etc.) can be found in FN-371 Home Storage of Wheat. http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/FN_371.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh