Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where should I put my food storage?
Rate This FAQ
The optimal conditions for food storage are a cool (50-70 degrees F), dry, dark, and well ventilated place. In Utah, most basements provide good storage conditions. Food stored in warmer, lighter, and more humid conditions will loose quality faster. If you have limited space consider storing food under beds, couches, or tables. Use book shelves to display home canned goods or make tables with 5 gallon food storage containers as the base.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- How much food should I store?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?