Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where should I put my food storage?
Rate This FAQ
The optimal conditions for food storage are a cool (50-70 degrees F), dry, dark, and well ventilated place. In Utah, most basements provide good storage conditions. Food stored in warmer, lighter, and more humid conditions will loose quality faster. If you have limited space consider storing food under beds, couches, or tables. Use book shelves to display home canned goods or make tables with 5 gallon food storage containers as the base.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can I store water in?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How much food should I store?