Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I store wheat, sugar, flour or other products purchased in 25 pound bags in a rubbermaid container? I am looking for space efficient ways to store bulk grains and legumes.
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- How much water should I store?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?