Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- How much food should I store?