Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What can I store water in?
Rate This FAQ
Store water in food safe containers. The containers can be glass, plastic, or stainless steel. Any plastic container that was previously used for food such as pop bottles or juice bottles can be used after they are thoroughly cleaned. Milk jugs are food safe, but the seams may split over time. Chlorine bleach bottles contain an anti-static agent and are NOT recommended for water storage.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- I've read that dry pack food storage products expire within x amount of years depending on the product. My parents purchased a LARGE quantity (over 100 cases of #10 cans) of assorted dry pack 28 years ago from Desert Supply Company; wheat, cornmeal, powdered milk, eggs, instant potatoes etc. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with throwing it all out. Can you please confirm that this is wasted product or is there anything salvagable.. and if so for how much longer would it be good? It has been stored in a dry/dark cool basement.
- How long can I keep stored foods?