Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?