Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?