Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?