Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?