Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?