Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?