Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?