Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?