Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?