Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?