Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?