Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?