Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- Do you have information on freezer meals?