Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?