Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?