Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?