Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?