Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.