Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?