Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?