Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
Rate This FAQ
No, the food should be thrown away. Eating food left out overnight is a real gamble. Some microorganisms survive reheating and other organisms produce a toxin that is not destroyed by reheating. Bacteria grows rapidly between 40 and 140 degrees F. A good rule of thumb is never leave food at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?