Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?