Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?