Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
Rate This FAQ
Excuse the delay in response. I hope you still have apples you are wanting to can! I do have a recipe for you, it is found on the Home Food Preservation website that is part of the USDA. Here is the link:
We use two sources for canning recipes: this one and the Ball Blue Book. Both of these sources' recipes have been tested extensively for safety.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- How much water should I store?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- Where should I put my food storage?