Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
Rate This FAQ
Excuse the delay in response. I hope you still have apples you are wanting to can! I do have a recipe for you, it is found on the Home Food Preservation website that is part of the USDA. Here is the link:
We use two sources for canning recipes: this one and the Ball Blue Book. Both of these sources' recipes have been tested extensively for safety.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- How much food should I store?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- Can I store wheat, sugar, flour or other products purchased in 25 pound bags in a rubbermaid container? I am looking for space efficient ways to store bulk grains and legumes.
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?