Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
Rate This FAQ
Excuse the delay in response. I hope you still have apples you are wanting to can! I do have a recipe for you, it is found on the Home Food Preservation website that is part of the USDA. Here is the link:
We use two sources for canning recipes: this one and the Ball Blue Book. Both of these sources' recipes have been tested extensively for safety.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- Where should I put my food storage?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- How much food should I store?
- How much water should I store?