Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
Rate This FAQ
Excuse the delay in response. I hope you still have apples you are wanting to can! I do have a recipe for you, it is found on the Home Food Preservation website that is part of the USDA. Here is the link:
We use two sources for canning recipes: this one and the Ball Blue Book. Both of these sources' recipes have been tested extensively for safety.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?