Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
Rate This FAQ
Excuse the delay in response. I hope you still have apples you are wanting to can! I do have a recipe for you, it is found on the Home Food Preservation website that is part of the USDA. Here is the link:
We use two sources for canning recipes: this one and the Ball Blue Book. Both of these sources' recipes have been tested extensively for safety.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I've read that dry pack food storage products expire within x amount of years depending on the product. My parents purchased a LARGE quantity (over 100 cases of #10 cans) of assorted dry pack 28 years ago from Desert Supply Company; wheat, cornmeal, powdered milk, eggs, instant potatoes etc. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with throwing it all out. Can you please confirm that this is wasted product or is there anything salvagable.. and if so for how much longer would it be good? It has been stored in a dry/dark cool basement.
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- What can I store water in?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.