Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
Rate This FAQ
I'm assuming that by RTF you mean rhizomatous tall fescue? In any case, I would have expected a tall fescue turf to hold up fairly well. It can be quite traffic tolerant. Before giving up on it completely, I would make sure that your irrigation and fertilization schedules are adequate. I'm attaching a bulletin with additional information on that. For the areas that are a problem, I would recommend overseeding with Kentucky bluegrass. It will blend in well and should help with traffic tolerance.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I know when to pick my fruit?
- Last year my maple tree started losing leaves. I investigated and found it full of earwigs under the bark. I killed the bugs. The bark is falling off, Can I save my tree? It is over 20 years old.
- I'd like to seed my yard with buffalo grass seed. The previous lawn was pulled out this past may, and I have since placed about 2 inches of compost over the area, and it is a full sun area. What are the best practices for seeding the yard and buffalograss establishment? Is this the right time? My soil is old alluvial soil...a fine loam I believe, very dark and rich in organics. ANYTHING you might know about this would be much appreciated.
- Do you have tips for newly planted trees?
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?
- I live in Toquerville, 20 miles north of St. George, but still just as hot. I'd like to plant a medium to large tree in my front yard to shade the garage a little. There is no grass, no regular water. I will be watering it by hand/hose until it's established & then would like something that could tolerate hot, dry summers. Maybe the Texas Honey Mesquite or African Sumac. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- My vinca minor has numerous yellow leaves this year. My husband keeps dumping water on it, thinking it needs more since it is yellow and at some instances brown. Are we watering it too much, or is it missing a nutrient that needs to be added? HELP!
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?