Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
Rate This FAQ
I'm assuming that by RTF you mean rhizomatous tall fescue? In any case, I would have expected a tall fescue turf to hold up fairly well. It can be quite traffic tolerant. Before giving up on it completely, I would make sure that your irrigation and fertilization schedules are adequate. I'm attaching a bulletin with additional information on that. For the areas that are a problem, I would recommend overseeding with Kentucky bluegrass. It will blend in well and should help with traffic tolerance.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- I have three large Austrian Pine trees that I would like to xeriscape under. Do you have suggestions for low-water use plants that will grow in mostly shady conditions under pine trees?
- Do you have tips on managing grasshoppers in my yard?
- My vinca minor has numerous yellow leaves this year. My husband keeps dumping water on it, thinking it needs more since it is yellow and at some instances brown. Are we watering it too much, or is it missing a nutrient that needs to be added? HELP!
- I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
- Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?