You probably have lots of concerns about the foods you give to your family. Is it a nutritious meal? Will your family eat it? Can we afford nutritious food? We do not have time to eat the way we should!
The goal of F$NE is to help answer these questions and improve the likelihood that you and your family will make healthy food choices within a limited budget and in the time you have to do it in. This program allows the participants to practice their skills and to share their new knowledge and skills with their families.
F$NE strives to attain many of the following goals:
- Help families to create lifestyle changes through education
- Promote good nutrition and health
- Create positive changes by experiencing cooking and trying new things
- To set goals and to achieve them
- Enhance the joy of preparing and eating food together as a family
- Teach practices related to thrifty shopping and preparation of nutritious foods
- Learn to safely handle, prepare and store food
F$NE has Nutrition Assistants that will:
- Come to your home at a time that is convenient for you
- Provide Nutrition information
- Give budgeting and shopping tips
- Share recipes
- Work with you in the kitchen to prepare recipes
Lessons are free to families on a limited income.
For more Information Call Juab County Extension office, (435) 623-3450. Visit the Food $ense website at extension.usu.edu/fsne