Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?